Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader PC
A cRPG game modelled on the cult Fallout series. The action takes place in the alternative reality of 16th-century Europe, where magic and technology are intertwined. The game is about completing quests, killing enemies, collecting treasures and developing the hero.
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader Release Date PC
developer: Black Isle Studios publisher: Interplay Entertainment Official website
game language: English
Games similar to Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
It is 1588 A.D., a critical year of an alternate history hauntingly familiar yet fantastically alien to our own. Because of one fateful event during the Third Crusade, the history of this world diverged. This event, the Disjunction, ripped open a long-sealed breach to other worlds. Magic energy and powerful spirits flowed into the world, changing the lands and the people forever. For those who could comprehend the nature of these new forces, the introduction of magic brought great power. To the common folk, magic was something to be feared and undoubtedly the handiwork of evil demons. People across Europe sought protection from the forces of evil and therefore relinquished utter control of their lives to the Inquisition. To this day, the Inquisition still governs most of civilized Europe, directly or indirectly. In their relentless hunt for heretical wizards and magical creatures the Inquisition inspires awe and faith among many, and is despised and feared by others. This widespread disparity, continued suspicion of wizards and witches and all things magical, and the constant threat from all manner of beasts cast a shadow over civilization, stunting the Renaissance and keeping the people in an enduring Dark Age.
Cast into this world, you are a character of your own devices, strengths, and abilities. Set upon by human factions and powerful spirits, you must decide how to best develop your skills in order to triumph over obstacles that lie between you and your true fate.
* Incredible story taking place on a historical divergent Earth during what should be the renaissance after a mystical cataclysm has occurred.
* Special rules system (from Fallout 1 & 2) adapted to a real-time fantasy setting--including 30 skills, 40 perks, and 15 traits.
* Classless system allows the user to customize their character however they want as they advance to as high as 60th level.
* Eight major areas of the world contain over 80 levels that range from pure story and dialogue areas to pure combat challenges.
* Fast paced combat in a rich and detailed world where dialogue interaction and story play equally large roles.
* Characters in the world that can join your party and fight for and with you.
* Cooperative multi-player allows as many as four friends to play through the single player game.
* A random item generator allows the player to find literally thousands of different weapons and items.
* Beautiful 2-D rendered backgrounds with 3-D characters allows for maximum beauty and frame rate.
* Four different player races.
* Over fifty enemies to challenge your combat and spell-casting abilities.
* Over thirty spells that evolve and grow with as your characters' abilities increase.
* Simple and intuitive gameplay with a clean interface.
Last updated on 10 December 2007
Game mode: single / multiplayer Multiplayer mode: Internet Player counter: 1-4
Media type: 2 CD
User score: 8,5 / 10 based on 2353 votes.
PEGI rating Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader System requirements
PC / Windows
- Processor Pentium III 1.2 GHz
- 256 MB RAM
- graphic card 8MB