Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: Internet, players: 1-4
game language: English
game release date for PS2:
In Monster Hunter, creatures from all walks of life coexist with mankind. The struggle to hunt or be hunted rules the world. Players face a variety of quests and battle against powerful beings either alone offline or with the aid of others in online gameplay. Objectives vary from defeating specific beasts, protecting a town or collecting items. Hunters are richly rewarded for every accomplished objective or efforts put forth during battle, allowing them upgrade weapons and equipment. The world continues toexpand as difficult missions are successfully accomplished.
- Online and offline gameplay options - Up to four friends can play simultaneously online to hunt monsters and accomplish various objectives or choose to single handedly complete missions offline.
- Character customization – Players can create and modify their main character. Various customizable attributes include name, gender, hairstyle, face and voice
- Create your own unique equipment – Not only can weapons and armor be obtained by purchasing them, but can also be created from monster claws, scales and various materials collected
- Expanded online content – For additional replay value, new quests featuring unique sets of enemies and objectives can be accessed online. Special items will be rewarded to players for completing only these new missions.
Game score 7.095 / 10 calculated out of 159 players' votes.
Sony PlayStation 2
- Uses: memory card 8 MB, Network Adaptor