developer: Frontier Developments
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Thrillville™: Off the Rails™ amps up the family-friendly mix of gameplay that made Thrillville the best-selling original children's intellectual property of 2006 with some of the most outlandish roller-coaster concepts ever imagined, as well as new ways to talk to park guests and a new array of carnival games.
Off the Rails lives up to its name with 20 death-defying rides so outrageous, they inspire the same word from every park visitor who sees them: WHOA! Players build these incredible WHOA Coasters to leap from one track to another, launch through the air like cannonballs, blast through a burning rings of fire and more.
A new lighthearted story ties together more than 100 missions, complete with 34 playable multiplayer theme-park games and social interaction with park guests that's better than ever. The in-depth conversations both advance the plot and suggest better ways to manage the park. But is every guest to be trusted?...
# Experience the visceral fun of interacting with a theme park you create.
# Build and ride your own creations, talk and joke with all your guests, and play dozens of minigames.
# Use the Wii Remote and Nintendo DS stylus in innovative ways to develop roller coasters and play minigames with the flick of your wrist.
# Create 20 death-defying WHOA Coasters such as these:
* Hotrod Stunt: A nitro boost propels a car across a broken track. .
* Pendulizer: A giant arm grabs the car just before a gap in the track, whips it around in a full circle, then sets it down on the other side. .
* Escape Drop: The track holds the car stationary as it lifts itself from level ground to a full 90-degree drop. Then it lets go.
# Visit 15 themed areas, like Battleville, Winterville, Spaceville and Aeroville, all spread throughout five new parks.
# Distinguish your rides even more with enhanced customization options. Attach animatronics, flowers and flaming hoops to all of your coasters and rides.
# Smarter guests, better dialogue, and more focused two-way conversation make Thrillville's socialization aspects even more amusing than before.
# Conversation more directly impacts the story than in the original Thrillville.
# Play 34 minigames -- 14 new, 20 returning from the original Thrillville but with new levels. Examples of new minigames include the following:
* Robo K.O.: Hit, bop and block with these boxing robots.
* Sparkle Quest: Delightful 2D platforming action on Sparkle Island.
* Bandito Chinchilla: A classic side-scrolling beat-'em-up ... where you're a boxing Chihuahua!
* Tank Frenzy: Get combative in this vertically scrolling shoot-'em-up.
Sony PlayStation 2
Uses: memory card 8 MB
Uses: memory card 32 MB
Microsoft Xbox 360
Uses: Xbox Live
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium 4 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM, graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 5200 or better), 3.5 GB HDD, Windows 2000/XP/Vista