developer: Saber Interactive
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1 - 16
Time Is The Ultimate Weapon.
Set in the near future, TimeShift from Saber Interactive will take the first-person genre to an entirely different dimension marked by erratic time and unrelenting action. TimeShift transports gamers to a strange yet familiar world where individual rights have been eradicated and a tyrannical leader rules ruthlessly with an iron fist.
Gamers assume the role of renowned and recently retired test pilot Colonel Michael Swift, who has just lost his only daughter to a bus accident. Bleak, depressed and desperate for an escape from his misery, Swift decides to accept a recent offer from the US Government. Armed with a time-control device called the Quantum Suit and a time machine called the Chronomicon, Swift sets out to test the most significant inventions of the century. He is briefly sent back in time to plant an experimental probe. Upon his return to the present, a shift has occurred. The world he left has changed beyond all recognition. And his knowledge of the true time stream has made him an enemy of the state. Swift is now both on the run and on a mission to set time straight once again.
* Time control elements never before seen in any game � players can slow, stop and reverse the flow of time, affecting the world and enemies around them while moving freely through frozen worlds;
* Time shifting obstacles will challenge the players to think in four dimensions in order to overcome difficult scenarios and defeat challenging enemies;
* Next-generation graphics technology in the Saber3D engine, including normal mapping for amazing high-detailed textures and characters as well as parallax lighting, which allows the environment to come alive with detail;
* Deep storyline involving time travel and betrayal, featuring an alternate time stream;
* A wide array of unique weapons, vehicles, and operable gun turrets;
* More than 30 combat missions, spanning outdoor, urban, aerial and indoor environments, each featuring unique time shifting elements and challenges;
* Online multiplayer options that allow up to 16 players to use time based weaponry against other human adversaries.
PC / Windows
- Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 8600GTS or better)
- 8 GB HDD
- Windows XP/Vista
- Xbox Live
Microsoft Xbox 360
- Xbox Live