This page in our guide to Hitman 2 contains the most important and unique ways of assassinating Dawood Rangan in Mumbai. The list consists of assassination methods that require you to, i.e. interact with specific items or wear certain outfits. Some of these methods are part of Mission Stories but it is possible to complete them independently from the missions.
- Dawood Rangan's default location is the high-rise block. The man doesn't leave this building. Instead, he travels between the floors - among the places he visits are the movie set and the unfinished floor with the prisoner. You can also "encourage" him to visit new rooms, i.e. the studio where you can paint his portrait.
- You can make the mission target leave the high-rise block by arranging a meeting with Vanya Shah. The targets will meet near the house on the beach.
- Dawood Rangan can also visit the barge. He and the Maelstrom can meet in that place, but this will require a lot of preparation.
- The high-rise block is a restricted area - only authorized people can be there. The best way to access this building is to sneak break into the adjacent construction site. Some of the entrances to the high-rise block are monitored - you can deactivate them in the guards' room. Use staircases and the lift shaft to move between the floors.
- Mumbai Blackout
- In Cahoots
- Within Scope
- It Was His Biggest Fan
- Proxy Killer
- The Suspension is Murder
- Minor challenges
This challenge isn't related to any of the Mission Stories and it isn't exclusive to Dawood - to complete it, you have to kill all 3 targets with electricity. If you aren't able to eliminate all three targets, assassinate only one of them - this unlocks a separate (and minor) challenge called Mumbai Electric.
As for Dawood Rangan, the best way to electrocute him is to sneak into the highest floor of the high-rise block - this floor is under construction. Notice the extension leads on the floor (the picture above shows an example). Interact with it and make a hole in the nearby water tank. Save your progress before you do that - spilled water can be noticed by one of the guards. Try to eliminate or keep them distracted until Rangan arrives. The mission target can step on the puddle or you can help him do that - use, i.e. a coin or stun him and drag his body (remember to turn the power off beforehand!).
This challenge isn't related to any of the Mission Stories. It also requires you to eliminate both Dawood Rangan AND Vanya Shah in a single action. You need to arrange a meeting between these targets.
Start with acquiring a brick - go to, i.e. the construction site. After that, visit the junkyard. Enter the building presented in the picture above - you can recognize it by black smoke coming out of its chimney.
Inside, put the brick into the tank with hot substance. Don't hit anyone here - distract them with, i.e. a coin if you need. After leaving, you will notice that the smoke has turned red. Also, Diana informs you that Vanya and Dawood have left their locations.
The meeting will take place near the house on the beach (marked in the picture above) - the one with a sniper tower.
Stand in the spot that would allow you to take a clean shot at the hanging boat. Wait for Vanya Shah and Dawood Rangan to stand right below it. After that, shoot at one of the attachments holding the boat (try to do that from afar and by using a weapon with a silencer). The boat will fall on the targets, killing them.
Before you start doing this challenge, try to get the best possible sniper rifle (get at least Druzhin 34 received after you reach Mastery level 20 in Mumbai). The challenge doesn't require you to assassinate Dawood, but he is the easiest target to kill.
Select a sniper rifle in the mission briefing screen. Collect the suitcase with the weapon, and reach the house on the beach. Climb the sniper tower presented in the picture above. There are a few Crows in the area - stun/kill them or wear Crows outfit. Take out your sniper rifle from the suitcase after you reach the ladder.
After reaching the sniper position, turn towards the high-rise block. You can shoot Dawood Rangan when, i.e. he is going down the stairs or when he stands in a spot where only a glass wall is separating him from you.
If you aren't using a silenced sniper rifle, hide behind the tower's wall right after you take a shot. The shot will alarm the entire area. However, the Crows shouldn't climb up the ladder to reach you. Stay in cover until the guards lose interest in you.
It Was His Biggest Fan
This challenge is related to Gone with the Wind Mission Story. The full walkthrough for that assassination method can be found in the chapter dedicated to Mission Stories.
- Get a Bollywood crew disguise.
- Find the missing script in the lift shaft inside the high-rise block.
- Shoot the script down and collect it.
- Bring the script to the director on the movie set.
- Find a screwdriver and use it to sabotage the fan.
- Use the control panel to activate the fan.
- Wait for the moment when Dawood Rangan is alone on the set. Increase the fan's power to push him off the rooftop.
This challenge is related to Broad Strokes Mission Story. The full walkthrough for that assassination method can be found in the chapter dedicated to Mission Stories.
- Find the Kashmirian in the chawls, and adjust his sniper rifle without getting noticed.
- Reach the high-rise block.
- Go to the studio. Eliminate people in that room, and wear the painter disguise.
- Meet with Dawood Rangan and go back with him to the studio.
- Start painting Rangan's portrait. Soon, the Kashmirian will shoot the target.
Remember, this challenge requires you to eliminate Vanya Shah too. Continue it (by following the aforementioned Mission Story) to complete this challenge.
The assassination described here can be completed without the Kashmirian's help. Agent 47 can kill Regan, i.e. by using a garrote or a silenced pistol.
The Suspension is Murder
This challenge isn't related to any of the Mission Stories. It also requires you to eliminate both Dawood Rangan AND the Maelstrom in a single action. You need to arrange a meeting between these targets.
Eliminate the Kashmirian, another assassin found on this map. Visit the chawls and find the blue gate which leads to the sniper spot. Approach the Kashmirian from behind and either knock him down or kill. Search his body - you will find the key to the flat and the USB drive.
Go to the Kashmirian's room located on the bottom floor of the residential building (its southern part). Take a look at the board with two mission targets, and the laptop. Insert the USB drive - you learn that both Rangan and Shah have posted assassination contracts for eliminating the other person.
Choose any assassination method that allows you to kill Vanya Shah. You must eliminate this person. Also, try to get a local guard outfit. You can easily get it, i.e. in the construction site or on the barge.
Reach any of the phone booths on the map, i.e. the one near the chawls. To use a phone, insert one coin into the slot (you can find coins near a cash register in every shop). Agent 47 will call Dawood Rangan automatically. Your character tells him that he is the Kashmirian and that he has killed Vanya Shah. Diana tells you that Dawood and the Maelstrom will soon meet.
Head to the construction site. You can get there by opening the side gate (preferably with a lockpick). Other entrances (i.e. the one accessed from the barge) can be guarded better. Once you are in the construction site, find the container presented in the picture above. Inside it you will find the control panel that will allow you to operate the crane.
You can wait for the meeting without leaving the container or you can approach the barge. This is where Dawood Rangan and the Maelstrom will meet. Move the crane to the spot presented in the picture above. Then, drop down the concrete pipe on the targets.
- Piano Man; Straight Shot - The best way to kill Dawood Rangan is when you are alone with him in the studio (while wearing the painter disguise).
- Tasteless, Traceless - Put poison into, i.e. the glass on the movie set (during Picture Perfect Mission Story).