IN A NUTSHELL:
- Tom Henderson stated that Battlefield 1 will be available for free download next week;
- This may only apply to the PC version;
- The EA Play Live event is set to take place on July 22, and it will be largely dedicated to Battlefield 2042;
- Giveaway of a fairly new title from the same series could be another brick in the marketing campaign.
Battlefield 2042's marketing campaign is in full swing. It may be followed by a giveaway of Battlefield 1. The report comes from Tom Henderson, a well-known and reliable industry insider. For example, he recently shared information about GTA 6, which was confirmed by Jason Shreier. As you can see, you shouldn't ignore his words.
Tom Henderson is also a reliable source of news about the Battlefield series. Recently he published the following post on Twitter:
This course of events may also be indicated by the fact that next week, i.e. July 22, will mark the EA Play Live 2021 event. We already know that in large part the event will be devoted to Battlefield 2042. Giving away another game from the series could be quite an effective marketing move to advertise the event. However, if this happens, we should expect a temporary offer rather than the game switching to a free-to-play model.
However, remember that anyone can make a mistake, and plans like to change. Therefore, Henderson's words should not be taken for granted. However, it is worth keeping them in mind.
- Battlefield 1 - official website
- Top 20 games of 2016 you might have missed