author: Marcin Przala
Content of Cyberpunk 2077 DLC Discussed; Lots of Doubts [UPDATE]
Little is still known about the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion. Fans try to fill the information gap, who from time to time discover new clues about the expansion. The latest one seems to be as interesting as it is questionable.
Update: Radek Grabowski from CD Projekt Red denied that the content described below would be included in the Cyberpunk 2077 DLC (or in the base game itself).
Despite turbulent launch Cyberpunk 2077 has managed to win over a sizable fan base. Supporters of the game are eagerly awaiting reports on the upcoming DLC, titled Phantom Liberty.
While CD Projekt is reluctant to share new information on the expansion, fans of Cyberpunk are comb the map and game files almost daily in search of new clues about the upcoming DLC.
Things got heated online when Reddit user "Acrobatic_Internal_2" stumbled upon a new potential clue. He shared his discovery in a short video.
An open casino? Fans speculate
What is this even about? A member of the game's Reddit community submitted a video in which we see in his diary a task titled "Casino Warfare," which has never been seen anywhere before.
- Interestingly, the task was assigned to the working category "%DLC_Main%", suggesting its connection to the upcoming expansion.
- In addition, next to the description of the task - or rather, its absence - there is another clue, namely the inscription "#pl66>", which can be read as an abbreviation for the name of the DLC - Phantom Liberty.
- As if that wasn't enough, the task would involve - at least in one stage - calling Falc (one of the characters from Edgerunners, the anime series set in the universe of Cyberpunk 2077).
- One of the key characters of the base game, Alt Cunningham, would also appear in the task.
Reddit users pointed out the name of the task, which according to some of the commenters could have to do with a casino located in the North Oak neighborhood, which was unavailable in the base version of the game.
"Maybe, North Oak Casino will eventually be opened," wrote user gamedevadvice9811.
Quite a few doubts
Why should this information be approached with caution? Although reports about Phantom Liberty invariably stirr the imagination of gamers, we advise you to take them with a grain of salt.
- After all, as the author of the video himself pointed out, the task appeared in his journal after he updated the mods named CET and archiveXL.
- So it is possible that the appearance of the mysterious task in the diary was the mods' job.
- What's more, some users of the website point out that the above task may also be just a so-called placeholder for a real mission, which will hit the game later.
Whether Falco will indeed make his way into Phantom Liberty we will find out in the coming months, because according to the latest news, the expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 is expected to debut later this year. The DLC will hit PC, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play!
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide