author: Michal Ciezadlik
Elden Ring Fans 'Migrate' to New Zealand to Play Early
Some Elden Ring fans are looking forward to the game's release so much that they are looking for ways to start the adventure sooner. One of them is virtual migration.
The release of Elden Ring is so close that we're slowly stopping counting down the days and starting to count down the hours until February 25th, the day when FromSoftware's newest creation will finally make its debut.
Some enthusiasts of soulslike games can't wait for the premiere of Elden Ring so much, that they decided to "migrate" to New Zealand, to be assigned to that location, and be able to start the adventure even several hours earlier than the rest of the world.
The great migration of Xbox gamers
Numerous articles and forum posts have been appearing online for some time now, reporting how numerous owners of Microsoft consoles are switching their Xbox accounts to New Zealand.
- This is for a simple reason - New Zealanders will be the first to enjoy the game due to their country's time zone, where games are made available at the earliest compared to the rest of the world.
- In New Zealand the game will be available on consoles on February 25 at midnight local time.
To avoid the wait, you can change your location as follows:
- Log in to your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select the following items: System, then Settings, followed by System, then Language and Localization.
- Select New Zealand from the Location list, then Restart Now.
The mass migration of Xbox owners has been noticed by the creators of memes, who humorously highlight the comical nature of the situation:
Be aware, however, that changing location may involve risks and the possibility of a potential ban, as some users have warned.
You can do it on PlayStation too....
...but it's not as obvious as it is on Microsoft's consoles. Changing the location to New Zealand is also possible, but in this case it will require a bit more combining.
To enjoy the benefits of the New Zealand region on PlayStation, you must:
- Create a new account in the New Zealand region;
- Purchase the game using New Zealand dollars;
- Preload the game;
- Please note that if you create an account in the New Zealand region, you will have to continue playing in that region.
PC players will not be able to take advantage of the region change benefits. On Steam Elden Ring will be made available at the same time worldwide, February 25 at midnight local time.