author: Adrian Werner
Free Trial of Company of Heroes 3 Later This Week
Open testing of the multiplayer mode of Company of Heroes 3 will start tomorrow.
We are still more than a month away from the release of Company of Heroes 3. Fortunately, we won't have to wait until February to play the latest game from Relic Entertainment. This is because any day now multiplayer testing will begin.
- To participate, head over to the COH3 tab on Steam, find the "Join Company of Heroes 3 Playtest" box and click the "Request Access" button.
- The tests will start on January 11.
- There are no admission limits - the tests are open to all interested parties.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to play the campaign. The tests will only cover multiplayer, as they are technical in nature. Their purpose is to see if the servers put up by the developers can handle a large number of players.
Several closed tests have already taken place in recent months and impressions are mostly positive, so the open playtest should be in high demand.
Recall that Company of Heroes 3 will be released on February 23. The game will debut exclusively on PC. The devs recently announced that console versions are also planned for the Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5, but these releases will come at a later date.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that last month the developers announced that the game will receive extensive support for mods. The tools are being developed in cooperation with the fan community, and the first projects are expected to be available on release day of COH3.
- Company of Heroes 3 - official website
- Company of Heroes 3 on Steam