Coffee Stain has unexpectedly unveiled the third (second) installment of their hit goat simulator. The developers of this... quite unique game referred to the announcement of Dead Island from 2014 in a very funny trailer. Below you can see and compare both trailers.
Of course, this is purely a marketing move, but the trailer presented at Summer Game Fest clearly parodied the memorable trailer of Dead Island. Everything starts out so similar that at first I and my fellow editors were convinced that we were dealing with another installment of a sandbox horror game (which is in in preparation). At this point it's worth emphasizing that we don't feel disappointed with how things turned out, because the fun was great.
Story and gameplay
Goat Simulator 3 is a continuation to the 2014 game, which was created as a joke. However, the game's popularity was anything but a joke, selling millions of copies worldwide. This time, new adventures of a feisty goat named Pilgor will be waiting for fans. Coffee Stain Studios will take them to the island of San Angora, a place that hides many secrets, and the good old Pilgor will once again cause mayhem..
The developers emphasize that the title is being developed from the ground up with the current generation of hardware in mind and is supposed to offer everything we expect from next-gen productions: goats, goats in caps and goats riding goats in caps.
Main features of Goat Simulator 3
Let's give voice to the developers for a moment. In the official press release you can find the following description of the game content:
- Goats - you can be a goat! Specifically the one named Pilgor. But you can also transform into various other "goats": tall goats, tasty goats, angry goats... All the goats you expect and more!
- Multiplayer - your friends can become goats too! Goat Simulator 3 has a four-player co-op mode, both locall and online. You can travel the world together, cause chaos in co-op and compete in 7 fun mini-games, and then no longer be friends.
- Explore - The big, open world of Goat Simulator 3 offers a lot to discover - secrets, quests, items to collect and the developers have really gone to the trouble of adding an ending this time! Move around on your own four hooves, ride on your butt, or buckle up because goats can drive!
- Chaos and reactions - Wreak havoc by licking, headbanging, smashing and exploding everything around you, leaving no NPC alone. Play with the four elements (fire, electricity, oil and alien ooze), test the limits of physics and interact with suspicious objects for... surprising results.
- Customization - Players can fully customize their goats: heads, backs, legs, body, horns, and fur with over 300 items to choose from, from toilet paper rolls to tea trays... And actual clothes, if they so desire. Some pieces of equipment will change the style of the game, giving you new skills, and all will change your sense of style.
You have to admit that the creators of the adventures of the cute but fierce Pilgor have a great sense of humor.
Premiere and platforms
Goat Simulator 3 will be released this fall on PC, PS5 and Xbox X/S. Look out for the release on Epic Games Store.