author: Adrian Werner
Hack'n'slash Wolcen Gets a Major Patch
RPG Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem has received a major patch. The update was warmly received and significantly improved the game's activity scores. In addition, today the game finally hit consoles.
Many years have passed since the hack'n'slash Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem celebrated its triumphs on Steam, achieving insane activity results. Now this somewhat forgotten RPG has a chance to revive with the release of an eagerly awaited update.
Wolcen - what's new in patch 188.8.131.52?
The patch is numbered 184.108.40.206 and brings quite a few new features.
- The biggest highlight is the addition of a final chapter to the game's storyline. Its structure differs from what Wolcen has offered so far. The devs modeled the game on roguelite games, and players will die at least several times in the clash with the final boss before finally managing to take him down.
- The patch heavily improved the endgame, introducing, among other things, a new difficulty level.
- The item list has been enriched with two new unique objects, and older ones have been improved.
- Two new skills were also added.
- New enemies appeared in the game world.
- In addition, many balance and controls improvements have been made.
Good reception of the update
How was the patch received? Very warmly, and game's forum on Steam is full of positive feedback about the update.
- The reception of the game as a whole has clearly improved recently, as seen in reviews on Steam. Counting all of them since the day of release, only 56% praise Wolcen, but among those from the last 30 days the share of positive ones is as high as 70%.
- The update has also encouraged many players to return to the game. Yesterday at the hottest time of the day Wolcen was played by 3210 people at the same time.
- These results are far from those of 2020, when records were more than 100,000 concurrent players, but this February, at the hottest moments of the day, the title was played by a mere 300-400 players at a time, so the increase in activity is significant.
Launch of the console version
Finally, it is worth mentioning that today marks the release of the console versions of the game.
- Console edition of Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem was developed for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X.
- W PlayStation Store The standard edition costs $39.99. The game will be unlocked on Microsoft Store in just a few hours.
- Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - official website
- Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - game guide
- Wolcen Review – Devilishly Difficult Love