Meet Your Maker is a new game from Behaviour Interactive, which developed also Dead By Daylight. However, these games are very different. In MYM you attack bases of other players and try to steal from them. You need a little bit of patience, as sometimes you will die several times, before figuring out the best way to approach. Nevertheless, this title is also about building the safest outpost. The key element in this is Harvester path. In this guide we will talk about it.
What Harvester is
Harvesters (or HRV) are sub-clones which work as mobile shipping containers. They gather GenMat form extractor and transport it to the shipping station outside of the base. It is connected with 2 major things:
- Harvesters always find the shortest way to the extractor.
- If you are lost in someone’s base, just look for Harvesters.
Harvester path tips
- You can’t activate an outpost, if Harvester can’t get to the extractor.
- In the building mode, there is a faint yellow line which shows Harvester’s path.
- Harvesters can’t jump – even one block is too much for them. Remember to create slopes when you build up or down. You can change the shape of the block by clicking the R key.
- Harvester always picks the shortest path to the extractor. It does not mean that you shouldn’t make it more complicated. Just make sure that the clone uses the route you want it to. You have to block all shorter roads.
- Most players do not wait for the harvester – they simply enter the outpost; so, you can confuse them.
- Make wide rooms or small ones with various corridors – let other players get lost. However, remember to hide your extractor.
- A good idea is to make a wide room with a lot of obstructions – small walls or fake roads and make an obvious path, which looks at the first glance as a proper way. At the same time, hide the passage to the extractor as a small entrance in a different direction. With a little bit of luck, your attacker will get lost.