- A screenshot of the character selection screen from the unannounced project known as Multiversus has been leaked online;
- Warner Bros. Interactive removes this image from across the web, which effectively confirms that the game is in production;
- Rumor say it's to be a free-to-play title with cross-play options.
A few days ago, we reported on rumors about an unannounced project called Multiversus, a fighting game featuring characters from Warner Bros. Interactive's most popular brands. Now Juan Debiedma one of the most recognizable Super Smash Bros. players, has tweeted a photo of the fighter selection screen. It was quickly removed due to copyright infringement, which effectively confirms the veracity of the leak.
The image is of poor quality, but identifying the characters in it is not a problem. The roster includes:
- Harley Quinn
- Wonder Woman
- Steven Universe
- Finn Mertens (from Adventure Time)
- Jake the Dog (also from Adventure Time)
- Rick Sanchez (from Rick and Morty)
- Tom and Jerry (it seems that they will fight as a duo)
- Bugs Bunny
- New character (upper left corner of the picture)
Debiedma also shared additional information about the project. He claims Multiversus will be a F2P game that is to come out on many platforms and offer cross-play option, enabling owners of different hardware platforms to play together.
All characters will receive recorded dialogue lines. Furthermore, the fighter selection screen suggests that the game may have some sort of progression system where characters will gather experience. We infer this by the fact that there is a number 1 next to each portrait.
A handful of additional information was also provided by the usually very well informed journalist Jeff Grubb. According to his sources, Multiversus will start with a set of free characters, and others will be available for purchase as DLCs. In the first of such paid expansions, we may be getting LeBron James. It is expected that the fighter version of this basketball player will be based on his appearance in Space Jam: A New Legacy.
- Warner Bros. Games - official website