There are a few ways to make your Pals more powerful in Palworld, from simply levelling them up, to combining several Pals of the same type to create a higher ranked version in the Pal Essence Condenser. The most enjoyable and surprising outcomes often arise from breeding critters. To produce superior Pals, it’s important to understand the IV Stat System in Palworld and how it impacts Breeding.
- What are Pal IV Stats in Palworld
- How to Use IV Calculator in Palworld
- Palworld Breeding IV Stats
- Best IV Calculator for Palworld
What are Pal IV Stats in Palworld
In Palworld, there are hidden stats called “IVs”, which stand for “Individual Values”. These values represent Pal’s Base Stats – Health, Attack, and Defense. Each of these parameters has different IV percentages (they are counted separately) which can improve them further. This boost may vary from 0% to a potential 30% bonus, with 15% average IV Stats, meaning that you can have a Pal with great HP IV but very low Defense IV. There are no negative IVs.
How to Use IV Calculator in Palworld
Although there’s no built-in IV calculator in Palworld, dedicated players have created a couple of calculators based on extensive data collection. Thanks to a calculator, you can estimate hidden IVs and possible Pal stats. To use it, you have to provide information such as level, star rating, skills and souls of your Pal.
We recommend calculating IVs on level 5+ Pals, due to more accurate readings. Otherwise you may get a large percentage range of IV Stats.
Palworld Breeding IV Stats
The matter of IV Stats is significant when breeding Pals in Palworld. Breeding two Pals with high IVs may result in a newborn Pal with higher, similar, or little lower IVs, making the outcome rather unpredictable. While breeding generally involves a trial-and-error process, Pals with high IV Stats are always recommended for reproduction.
Best IV Calculator for Palworld
There are a few calculators that will help you determine the IVs of your Pals:
- The Palpedia calculator allows you to put together your own Pal build with calculations of your IVs bonus percentage and accurate stats after gaining next level.
- The Paldex calculator has functionality of the previous calculator, but also lets you quickly check potential IV boost on every Pal in the game.
- A post from u/blahable on the Palworld subreddit offers formulas on how to calculate IV Stats yourself with a vast explanation of the entire system. His spreadsheet contains all Pal Stats, Combos, Partner Skills and many other useful data.
Check out our other articles featuring the latest news from Palworld:
- Mystery of the Big Tree in Palworld Explained
- Why Swift in Palworld is Crucial
- Palworld – Damage from and to Player Multiplier Explained