1.0 version of Phantom Brigade was released yesterday. It is a turned-based strategy. Players take a role of the resistance captain. You command the mech squad, which is equipped with futuristic technology of forecasting enemy’s movements. It is your only hope in the fight with a stronger opponent. In this article we will talk about whether Phantom Brigade is compatible with Steam Deck.
Phantom Brigade – Steam Deck Support
First of all you should know that developers do not plan (at least for now) to support Steam Deck. There is no official controller support either, so in the case you want to play the game on this device, you have to use your own layout.
Phantom Brigade on Steam Deck
Many players report that you can run Phantom Brigade on Steam Deck. However, the game is not optimized for this console. You can expect 20-30 FPS at low graphics settings. What is more you have to use your own controls layout or wait for community one.
If you want to play Phantom Brigade on Steam Deck, you need to remember that UI is not prepared for console’s screen. What is more cutscenes work quite poorly.
In the case you want to buy the game only to play on Steam Deck, don’t do it (at least for now). Be patient and wait for developers’ decision. It is possible that they will change their mind regarding the support of Steam Deck.
How to install Proton GE
If you decide to play Phantom Brigade on Steam Deck, it is worth considering installing Proton GE. This is unofficial software, but used by many players. It is able to fix many bugs in various games.
- Enter Desktop Mode (hold down the Steam Deck power button, then select Switch to Desktop).
- Start Discover app store (blue bag icon).
- Search: ProtonUp-Qt. Launch it.
- Select "Add version" and "Proton GE", then install it.
- Close ProtonUp-QT and launch Steam.
- Pick Phantom Brigade in your Library and press Compatibility and check the box "Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool".