Kinetic Games has announced that Phasmophobia, the hit multiplayer horror game, will be coming to consoles.
- The plans include versions for the Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5.
- The release is scheduled for August 2023.
- At the same time, a version for PlayStation VR2 will be released, which will allow for virtual reality experience.
- The game will offer a cross-play option.
Phasmophobia is a cooperative online game in the climate of psychological horror. Players take on the role of investigators of paranormal phenomena who go to haunted places. As they play, they make use of modern ghost-hunter technology to find and record evidence, which they then sell to a team specializing in removing the ghosts.
Phasmophobia debuted on Steam Early Access in September 2020 and quickly became a real hit - the all-time activity record was set at more than 112,000 simultaneous players. Today, the frenzy associated with the project has subsided heavily, but still at the hottest moments of the day the title can be played by several thousand people at the same time.
It is worth adding that Phasmophobia is still in early access and will remain there even after its release on consoles. It is currently unknown when version 1.0 will be released.
- Phasmophobia on Steam
- Phasmophobia - game guide