The author of the mod has released siimilar project that fixes Prince of Persia: Warrior Within:
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - The Unofficial Patch
Years ago, Ubisoft had a nasty habit of mistreating PC editions when it came to Prince of Persia. The most infamous example of this is the failure to release the Epilogue DLC on PC, which contains the conclusion of the story of Prince of Persia. We can no longer count on this changing, but thanks to a stubborn fan, another speck on the series' PC history in the form of the botched port of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones has just become a thing of the past .
In the nearly 18 years since the game's release, Ubisoft has not fixed the PC edition's problems. David Freeman, a fan of the game, decided to do it himself, and the result of his work is a project called The Unofficial Patch.
- First of all, the mod thoroughly reworks the game's camera operation. This aspect of the PC release cried out for vengeance. With the modification, the mouse camera control is thoroughly improved. The so-called dead zone has been reduced to a minimum, making the game responsive even to subtle movements.
- The annoying auto-centering of the camera in many sequences has also been removed, and its rotation speed has been increased.
- Other improvements have been made as well - the width of the field of view has been increased to match that of the Xbox version of the game.
- Contrast and brightness settings have also been improved.
- Broken anti-aliasing has been removed.
- A 60 fps cap has been introduced (the game breaks down if the engine runs at much higher fps, which is a common problem on modern PCs).
For The Unofficial Patch to act as a complete fan update that fixes all the game's problems, the author also added modifications from other developers. As a result, we gain:
- game engine running on DirectX 11 (this was made possible by DgVoodoo);
- properly working anti-aliasing (4xMSAA);
- restoration of blood effects in combat;
- proper support for screens with an aspect ratio of 16:9;
- visual bug fixes (e.g., fog and glow);
- fixed user interface.
The author improved what he could. Some things could not be changed without access to the source code, but overall The Unofficial Patch represents a must-have item for those who'd like to play Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones in 2023.
In the future, the developer is considering adding better textures, although in this case he is having technical problems implementing this idea and is looking for someone to help repackage the game files.
- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - The Unofficial Patch - download the mod