IN A NUTSHELL:
- TLoU2 is the third best-selling game in PlayStation's history;
- The game is also the third best-selling title of 2020;
- Ghost of Tushima is also doing great - it was a hit of June and takes 5th place in the summary of the whole year.
A report published by NPD Group (via VGC) indicates that The Last of Us: Part II has become the third best earning title in the USA in the history of PlayStation. Naughty Dog's hit is only bested by Marvel's Spider-Man and God of War. The second part of TLoU is also the third best-selling game of 2020 - only Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare have done better.
This is not a big surprise, given the previous reports. Despite the great controversies accompanying the launch (mainly related to thestory and narrative, which was not to the liking of a part of the community), in just three days, as many as 4 million copies of the game were sold.
The report also revealed another success of Sony Interactive Entertainment - Ghost of Tsushima. Sucker Punch's work was the best-selling game of June, while taking fifth place on the 2020 summary list (two places below The Last of Us: Part II). This is an exceptionally good result, especially for the new IP. Interestingly, Final Fantasy VII: Remake was fourth. The title from Square Enix is also available only on PS4 for the time being.
The Last of Us: Part II debuted on June 19, this year. The game is only available on PlayStation 4.
- The Last of Us 2 Review – A Game to Set the World on Fire
- The Last of Us 2 - game guide
- The Last of Us: Part II - official website
Last update: 2020-08-17