This article will introduce you to the classes in the co-op shooter / hack and slash Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. We will also tell you a bit about their special abilities. Let's talk about the Veteran Sharpshooter, Zealot Preacher, Psykinetic Psyker and Ogryn Skullbreaker.
It is worth noting that the developers plan to add new classes in the future. Furthermore, some updates may introduce minor or major changes to skills. It is worth bearing this in mind.
If you are curious about other Darktide topics, please see our guide - Warhammer 40K: Darktide Guide.
Types of power
Each class has several types of power. They are divided into:
- Ability – is an activated power that has support functions;
- Iconic – minor character-supporting effects;
- Blitz – activated combat ability;
- Aura – passively supports you and your allies.
As the name suggests, this is a character who specialises in ranged combat. Very useful in eliminating single armoured opponents.
- Volley Fire – allows Designating non-Ogryn Elite and Specialist enemies as Priority Targets. Increases + 50% Ranged Damage (lasts 5 seconds).
- Make Every Shot Count – + 15% Weak Spot Damage;
- Be Prepared – Increase Ammo reserve for all Ranged Weapons by 40%.
- Frag Grenade – it explodes after a short fuse timer.
- Scavenger Hunt – every time your team kills Elite enemy, you will gain a small amount of ammunition.
Religious warriors who fight in the name of the Emperor. Zealot Preachers specialise in close combat. The less health they have, the more dangerous they become.
- Chastise the Wicked – character dashes towards enemy. This skill renews toughness and increases the next Melee Hit by 25% - guaranteed Critical Hit.
- Martyrdom - + 5% Damage for each 15 missing Health – up to 3 stacks;
- Until Death – if you receive damage that would kill you, you gain invulnerability for 5 seconds (works every 90 seconds);
- Swift Exorcism – Melee Attack Speed + 10%.
- Stun Grenade – it stuns enemies.
- The Emperor’s Will – + 7% Toughness Damage Reduction
Although they are frowned upon within the borders of the Empire, their powerful mental abilities cannot be denied. These psychic mutants are best suited to medium range combat, combined with crowd control.
Psyker Psykinetic has a Peril meter. It fills up with your use of psychic powers. If you don't watch out for it you may even die.
- Psykinetic’s Wrath – it staggers enemies in front of you and resets the Perils of the Warp meter.
- Warp Siphon – If you kill an opponent with Brain Burst, you will receive a Warp Charge. You can have a maximum of 4 of these, each lasting 25 seconds and increasing your damage by 3%.
- Battle Meditation – +10% Chance to Quell 10% Peril on Kill.
- Brain Burst – inflicts high damage.
- Kinetic Presence – allies in the area deal 10% more damage to elite enemies.
A powerful and resilient fighter. Ogryn Skullbreaker is ideally suited to frontline combat. He is the shield of the entire team.
- Bull Rush – chargé, 25% Attack Speed and 25% Movement speed for 5 seconds.
- Excessive Force - +25% Melee Stagger;
- Loyal Protector – Reviving or Assisting allies will not be interrupted by damage;
- Thick Skin – + 20% Toughness and Health Damage Reduction.
- Big Box of Hurt – inflicts a huge amount of damage to a single target.
- Intimidating Presence – + 10% Heavy Melee Attack Damage (allies in coherency).
We have prepared a sample build for each class. You can find them via the links below.
- Ogryn Build – Warhammer 40K: Darktide - Best Ogryn Build;
- Psyker Build – Warhammer 40K: Darktide - Psyker Build;
- Veteran build – Warhammer 40K: Darktide - Best Veteran Build;
- Zealot Build – Warhammer 40K: Darktide - Zealot Preacher Build;