Ubisoft has confirmed the existence of the bug spoiling saved game data in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. In a comment sent to GamesRadar the developers informed that the patch to fix this bug should appear "within a few weeks". On the user support page you can also find some temporary solutions:
- When saving the game manually, take care not to overwrite the cloud saves (they are marked with a special icon);
- Even if your saves are broken, you should still be able to load the last save using the "Continue" button on the title screen.
It is worth noting that the company did not refer to similar problems found in Watch Dogs: Legion.
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Players report problems with broken saves in AC: Valhalla and WD: Legion;
- The bug may (but does not have to) be related to the synchronization of cloud save data;
- Ubisoft has not yet commented on the issue.
Assassin's Creed: Valhalla players encounter a serious issue, which results in breaking saved game data, in some cases resulting in the loss of many hours of progress. Reports have appeared on the game forum and Reddit. The problem concerns both consoles and PCs.
It is worth recalling that several days ago similar reports appeared. At that time they concerned Watch Dogs: Legion, but it seems that the problem also occurs in the new installment of Assassin's Creed.
According to some users, the bug may be related to saving game in the cloud (at this point I can add that I encountered problems with synchronization of saved game data with Ubisoft Connect service in Watch Dogs: Legion, although they never resulted in damage to the progress). Other players argue that the problem lies in local files and may be caused by the frequent crashes they experience (although the fact that the bug appeared in two separate games suggests that it may actually be related to the online save system).
Ubisoft has not yet officially addressed the issue and has not responded to the request for comments sent by Engadget editors. It should be noted that the bug is not the only problem with Ubisoft's recent games - both of them also suffer from poor optimization and a large number of other bugs. You can find more information about them in our reviews of both titles.
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla Review - The Assassin We All Wanted
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - game guide
- Watch Dogs: Legion Review - Safe and Polite Revolution
- Watch Dogs: The Legion - game guide