publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / E-mail / common screen, players: 1-2
game language: English
game release date for PSP:
Field Commander is the first military turn-based strategy game for PSP and the only title that offers engaging, challenging skill based warfare in a realistic military setting. You play as a Field Commander working for the Global Defense League, an independent organization established by the Allied Nations to defend the world against covert organizations whose goals include terrorism, genocide, and global domination. Your main enemy in these scenarios is Shadow Hold, an evil terrorist organization bent on inciting wars, illicit arms deals and global domination.
Command the land, skies and sea. Orchestrate an offensive attack through 30 unique missions, each one coming alive in beautiful 3D environments with highly-detailed terrain and dynamic visual effects. With an arsenal of 15 army divisions and 11 commanding officers to choose from, the power is yours to outwit the enemy at every turn.
* Turn-Based Strategy: Take to the field and guide your division to victory by outsmarting, outmaneuvering and outgunning your opponents.
* Single-Player Campaign: Delve into the game's engrossing story while combating enemies through more than 30 unique missions.
* Multiplayer Gameplay: Enjoy defeating your enemy from across the globe, across the room, or in the seat next to you.
* 15 Army Divisions: Rule the ground, sea and skies by mastering the selectable army divisions at your disposal through the use of their specialties, unique play styles and powerful attacks.
* Beautiful 3D Environments: See each one come alive with 3D graphics, stunning lighting, dynamic visual effects and highly-detailed terrain, buildings and units.
* Challenging AI: Match wits with an increasingly clever enemy and survive the day to become triumphant.
* Create Missions: Aspire to greatness by creating your own missions and uploading them to be enjoyed by all players.
* Elegantly Simple: No need for complex calculators and measuring tapes. Field Commander lets you focus on what's important – Strategy.
Game score 7.8 / 10 calculated out of 39 players' votes.
Expectations before the premiere: 7.1 / 10 calculated out of 4 players' votes.
Uses: memory card 32 MB