developer: Quicksilver Software
publisher: Atari / Infogrames
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 2-8
game language: English
game release date for PC:
Widely acclaimed &hailed as one the best turn-based strategy games ever, the original Masters of Orion has had many contenders for its crown. Most have failed to recapture the magic of this space empire building game by basically failing to eclipse itís depth of detail &level of excellence.
Based around the traditional 4x format (Explore, Expand, Exterminate,& Exploit)
Master of Orion 3 injects a 5th x for Experience) In Master of Orion 3 you assume the biggest role ever. No longer do you merely represent petty interplanetary dictators. You become the controlling power behind an entire galactic civilization; the dictators, presidents, councils, and overlords that come and go are merely pawns in the playerís arsenal.
* 4 different victory conditions
* Explore strange solar systems
* Dynamic Galaxy Generation -no two games are the same!
* Play one of 16 Unique Races
* Design and research exotic ships and weapons to crush your enemies!
* Colossal Real Time Space Battles
* Use espionage, disinformation, subterfuge, betrayal, subversion and
* assassination to seat yourself in the highest chair of Orion!
* Intuitive interface
* 8 Player (LAN/Internet) Multiplayer Action.
Game score 7.675 / 10 calculated out of 332 players' votes.
age requirements: 12+
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium III 900 MHz, 128 MB RAM, graphic card 16MB, 800 MB HDD