developer: EA Maxis / Maxis Software
publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Game mode: single player
SimCity 2000 is another phase of the SimCity franchise development. Compared to its predecessors, this game is a sort of a breakthrough, since it introduces the series into the third dimension, significantly enhances the possibilities of building the city and the number of buildings, and also increases the complexity to the next level.
You play as a mayor of a new town, take care of the economic development, the trade, use the available space in a such way that would make the city as attractive as possible, and make a huge metropolis out of it in the future.
- Many different buildings: schools, hospitals, universities, libraries, museums, parks, gradens, stadiums, prisons, and many more.
- A dozen of random events: fires, floods, earth quakes, UFO invasions, etc.
- Attractive 3D graphics.
- Advanced economic options, citizen behavior simulation, migration of people between cities.
- Realistic city economy.
- Technological advancement simulation: from the technical revolution to the far future.
- A couple of scenarios played in the real cities, where our goal is to put an end to their problems.
- City advisors offering their help.
PC / Windows
- Pentium 100MHz
- 16MB RAM