developer: Pandemic Studios
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet, players: 1-64
Star Wars Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include Instant Action, Galactic Conquest and the story-based Historical Campaigns mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.
* First and third-person gameplay � depending on player preference.
* Three single player modes including Instant Action, Galactic Conquest and the story-based Historical Campaigns mode.
* Multiplayer: 16 players on PlayStation 2 with a dedicated host, 24 players on Xbox with a dedicated or non-dedicated host, 32 players on PC with a dedicated or non-dedicated Server
* Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.
* Battle in more than 12 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and Geonosis.
* 20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
* More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
* More than 25 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
* Customizable controls on all systems.
* Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for online multiplayer games.
PC / Windows
Recommended: Pentium 4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, graphic card 64MB (GeForce 3 or better), 2.7 GB HDD
Sony PlayStation 2
Uses: Network Adaptor, headset
Uses: Xbox Live, headset