This chapter of our guide to Greedfall explains how to create a character and choose your starting class.
Creating character and choosing a specialization in Greedfall
After starting the game and selecting the difficulty level, you will proceed to the character customization sequence. Your choice is purely aesthetic - but you'll see your character very often during scenes, so think wisely about your choice.
The next choice concerns selection of your starting class that you want to choose for your hero. Available class options:
- Warrior - this class starts with abilities of heavy one-handed weapon, one-handed melee weapon, firearms. Warrior archetype - ideal for characters who want to fight with heavy weapons.
- Technical - this class begins with set traps skill, firearms and one-handed firearms. An archetype of agile rogue - a good choice for people who want to use distance skills and firearms later on.
- Magic - at the beginning this class has the ability of a divine ring of power, stun skill and a heavy one-handed weapon skill. The archetype of the wizard is for players who want to use magical abilities.
Of course, the archetype is not so important, because later you can freely combine different character builds and choose different skills.
Attributes and Talents in Greedfall
Then you must select the initial attribute for the hero. You can choose between strength, agility, mental strength, willpower, accuracy and endurance. The choice here is mainly related with passive improvements for the hero - later items require e.g. 3 strength or 2 agility, so try to choose an attribute that matches the general character idea.
The last choice is the most important - you have to choose your talent. Talents have been divided into:
- Charisma - increases the chance for diplomatic options during conversations and improves the combat potential of your companions.
- Vigor - allows you to go through some obstacles and climb up some rocky shelves. It also increases the maximum level of ammunition and accelerates the regeneration rate of health/mana outside combat.
- Science - allows you to create potions and blow up weak walls.
- Lockpicking - allows you to open locks that require 1 level of lockpicking. Also, it is easier for you to detect enemy traps.
- Intuition - sometimes unlocks additional dialog options during conversations and makes it easier to detect rocks, plants and other gatherable.
- Craftsmanship - unlocks crafting so you can craft weapons and armor.
Once you have made your choices, you will start the actual game.