We have a solid batch of new news (unconfirmed by Ubisoft for now) about the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Red. According to j0nathan, a leaker who provided us more details about the game's protagonist, new AC will offer fewer markers on the map, as well as some fresh mechanics.
Assassin's Creed: Red - new information
The aforementioned tipster posted a video on his YouTube channel yesterday, where for almost 20 minutes he talks about the rumors he heard.
In addition to fewer markers on the map for players to discover on their own, Assassin's Creed: Red Red will reportedly give the players:
- a larger map than Valhalla, but smaller than Odyssey. This means that the play space would still be quite large;
- new tools such as a climbing hook (similar equipment was used by Jin Sakai in Ghost of Tsushima);
- better stealth - the character will be able to, among other things, put out torches to hide in the shadows or crawl discreetly through bushes;
- a bar, the filling of which enables you to execute special attacks (similar to those in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice);
- NPCs who will be able to defend themselves much better than in previous installments;
- a feature where you will be able to convince enemies after defeating them to spy for us - this applies to commanders of outposts scattered around the map. The second option will be to kill them to get the loot found in the camp.
- Weapons for Naoe (the game's main character), such as kunai, shurikens, smoke bombs and bells (again, similar to those in Ghost of Tsushima).
- Ashigaru, or opponents using firearms.
In addition, there is to be a noticeable progression in the subject of graphics in Assassin's Creed: Red compared to previous installments.
We learned more about Yasuke
Previous leaks suggested that Assassin's Creed: Red will have a pair of playable characters - Naoe and Yasuke. From j0nathan's information, it appears that this "more agile" character will be Naoe, and the "stronger" one will be Yasuke.
It is likely that Naoe's plot will focus on revenge - the heroine will want to avenge her murdered father, Fujibayashi Nagato (interestingly, this is a historical figure - Naoe will be his fictional daughter).
In turn Yasuke's character is to be modeled on a real samurai, who was the first Africa-born warrior in Japanese history. According to rumors, his story will begin on a ship where he was transported as a slave. He was to survive the sinking of the ship off the coast of Japan and there, in time, begin to learn samurai secrets. Yasuke and Naoe will be enemies at first, but in time they will join forces to unite Japan.
For now we do not know when exactly the release of Assassin's Creed: Red is planned, although recent leaks suggest that the game will debut as early as next year.
- Ubisoft - official website