author: Jakub Tarchala
Interesting Reports on Assassin's Creed Red Characters
After a long silence from the developers, we have finally come into possession of new, albeit still unofficial, information about the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Red.
Assassin's Creed: Red was announced in September 2022, during the Ubisoft Forward show. Since then, the developer has not revealed any new details about the game.
The latest unofficial news provided by Insider Gaming break this conspiracy of silence. The game will reportedly offer two playable protagonists and emphasize stealth.
The first part of the news offers a glimpse of the story mode protagonist.
- In addition to a samurai, we will also take on the role of a shinobi (or ninja).
- The first character is to be an African refugee belonging to the Brotherhood of Assassins, and the second is to be a woman (who, according to the source, we saw on the game's trailer) - Insider-Gaming reports the opposite, but this is probably an error.
- It is unclear whether the game will offer two separate scenarios (dependent on character choice), or whether switching between the Assassins will be an integral game mechanic.
Stealth as the main theme
The second, more promising piece of information is the news that stealth will be the theme of the game. The gameplay will bet strictly on silent operation. Actions such as getting rid of light sources, hiding in tall grass, distracting enemies and moving bodies are to be possible.
There is even a suggestion that the game will be hit Splinter Cell or Hitman vibes (for which fans on Redditie are strongly hoping). We also dream of references to the once iconic Tenchu.
AC: Red - what do we know about the game?
This is not the first unofficial news regarding this game.
- Last September, shortly after the announcement, you could read about a conflict inside the studio between management and subordinates.
- It is possible that the developers changed/altered its concept or some elements, so the game may ultimately look different than in the previews.
- As with any rumor, this information should be approached with some caution.
Assassin's Creed: Red is one of an alleged ten upcoming projects from the Assassin's Creed series (others include Infinity, Hexe, Jade and Mirage). The title is expected to be released after AC: Mirage, which is probably no earlier than 2024. The game is being developed by Ubisoft Quebec's Canadian division, which has a portfolio of hits such as AC: Syndicate or AC: Odyssey. We live in hope that the experienced studio (which has been in business for almost 20 years) will live up to players' expectations.