The ongoing season 2 in Battlefield 2042 (Master of Arms) has brought update 2.1. It was made available today. The patch introduces numerous fixes to almost every element of the game - it eliminates bugs, improves the balance of weapons and vehicles (as well as adds new ones) and improves specialists. In addition, it significantly refurbishes the Renewal map.
You can get acquainted with the most important changes below. The complete patch notes, in turn, can be found here.
Patch 2.1 for Battlefield 2042 - the most important changes.
- The Renewal map has been redesigned to make moving through it on foot and close combat more enjoyable. Sectionsthat were deemed too sprawling were removed. Meanwhile, new military fortifications were added and distances between flags and targets were reduced.
- The Polaris RZR vehicle is now available on the battlefield.
- Three iconic weapons from Battlefield 3 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -P90, GOL Sniper Magnum and M1911, have been added.
- The balance of assault and transport helicopters, as well as the Nightbird, has been significantly improved.
- Specialists also received improvements. One of the more notable concerns Irish - his APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel (a gadget that detects and neutralizes bullets and grenades) will no longer have a problem with grenades fired from the M320 LVG and M26 Mass getitng stuck.
- AM40 and Avances bullets are no longer incorrectly registered as SMG bullets.
- In the PC version of Battlefield 2042 mouse input lag has been reduced.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that in mid-October Battlefield 2042 players will receive an event, expected to offer "infantry-only gameplay, with tight spaces and intense close-quarters combat." More information about this event will be revealed in the coming weeks - for now, all that is certain is that it will be a great opportunity to get new cosmetic items.