- Gamers are starting to appreciate Cyberpunk 2077;
- 81% of Steam user reviews from the last 30 days are praising the game;
- A clear increase in review score average came after the start of Steam's autumn sale, in which the price of the game was reduced by 50%.
Cyberpunk 2077 will soon celebrate its first birthday. The common opinion is that the game is CD Projekt RED's great failuer, but new players on Steam seem to have a different opinion. CP2077's reception has become surprisingly positive in recent days.
Out of almost nine thousand user reviews posted on Steam in the last 30 days, as many as 81% praised Cyberpunk 2077, which is categorizes as a "very positive" reception. Counting all the ratings given since the release, 76% of players are satisfied with CD Projekt RED's game.
Cyberpunk 2077's reception is clearly improving. On the day after release, 71% of the Steam user reviews were positive. When we looked at the game's reception in February this year (three months after release), only 73% of player reviews from the previous 30 days praised the title.
Looking at Steam charts, a huge spike in positive reviews occurred on November 24, this year, which was yesterday, with 2882 favorable ratings and 384 negative ones. Today's trend is similar.
Such a sudden increase in interest is due to the fact that yesterday the autumn Steam sale was launched. The sale included Cyberpunk 2077, now available 50% off, thanks to which the game can be purchased for some $25. Everything indicates that many players took advantage of this deal and liked what they saw after launching the game.
It seems that the worst period is over for Cyberpunk 2077. The game debuted in terrible technical condition, but over the course of a year the devs managed to give it a solid overhaul. It's still hard to call it a polished project, let alone a title that lives up to the expectations, but CP2077 is already in such a state that most players can have a good time in the world created by CD Projekt RED.
The devs have not yet finished repairing the game. The next big patches, however, are expected only next year.
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play!
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide