IN A NUTSHELL:
- The final decision on Cyberpunk 2077's return to PlayStation Store rests with Sony, but CD Projekt believes it's getting closer to that moment with each update;
- The Polish company expects that the game's reappearance on PS Store will improve sales on other platforms as well.
As we recall, not long after Cyberpunk 2077 was released - and the nightmarish technical condition of the console versions came to light - the title was pulled from PlayStation Store. More than three months have passed since then, but PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 owners are still unable to buy the digital version of the game. The topic was raised in the recent investor call, which was attended by representatives of CD Projekt's board. Michal Nowakowski believes that each update brings the game closer to returning to PS Store, but the final decision in this matter rests solely with Sony.
"However, you have to understand that the final decision belongs to Sony. We believe we're getting closer... but of course the final decision belongs to them. So let's wait and see what happens," stated Nowakowski.
The Polish company also expects that the title's return to PlayStation's digital distribution platform will result in increased interest in Cyberpunk 2077 on other platforms as well - and thus improved sales.
"Sony's decision has been eagerly awaited by many gamers, and we believe it could impact purchase plans not only of those who play on PlayStation but also on other platforms, so this is important for us. The second important milestone is the next-gen edition (we're talking about an update for PS5 and Xbox Series X / S - ed.), which we have planned for the second half of this year" said Adam Kicinski.
Cyberpunk 2077 debuted on December 10, 2020. Apart from the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, the game is also available on PC and Xbox console (both last and current generation). In recent days, the game received a huge patch 1.2, which eliminated some of the problems.
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles (PS4 version review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play! (PC version review)
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website