The devs of Cyberpunk 2077 at CD Projekt RED informed that already at the beginning of 2021 we can expect the first free DLCs for their latest work. No additional details have been revealed so far, but we can expect that they will be presented soon.
It is worth noting at this point that these DLCs are understood by the devs as relatively small things - we are talking about additional items, skins, or single tasks. Paid expansions in turn offer much more content.
Taking into account the exceptionally turbulent launch of Cyberpunk 2077, it is easy to see an attempt to rebuild player trust in this announcement. However, it should be remembered that free DLCs were announced much earlier, when we had no idea how much the game's launch would backfire at the devs. Similar steps were also seen in the case of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
It remains to be hoped that work on the DLCs will not delay the release of still very much needed subsequen patches, which are to eliminate all the issues troubling Cyberpunk 2077.
- Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 is a Disaster. We Were Supposed to Burn City, not Consoles
- Cyberpunk 2077 Review - Samurai, You've Got a Great RPG to Play!
- Cyberpunk 2077 Without Secrets - A Handy Guide to Night City
- Cyberpunk 2077 - game guide
- Cyberpunk 2077 - official website