author: Przemyslaw Dygas
FIFA 22 With Cross-play; PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X Owners Can Finally Play Together
Cross-play has been introduced to FIFA 22. PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S/X and Google Stadia owners can play matches together.
- FIFA 22 has been given the option of cross-platform play;
- Cross-play includes matches in Seasons Divisions and Friendlies (online seasons and online friendly matches);
- The developers are testing the features with future installments of the series in mind.
According to rumors floating around on the web FIFA 23 was to be the first game in the series to offer cross-play. Thanks to this mode, owners of different consoles would be able to play matches together.
However, the creators apparently decided to accelerate the implementation of this feature. It appeared in FIFA 22.
PlayStation and Xbox owners on one pitch
EA Sports announced the introduction of cross-play to the game in a post published on the official website of FIFA 22. Below you will find the most important information about the new feature.
- Cross-play includes owners of PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S/X and Google Stadia.
- The feature has already been made available to players.
- Cross-play allows for online play in Seasons Divisions and Friendlies (online seasons and online friendly matches).
- The new feature does not allow for cross-play in FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT).
- Cross-play can be activated or deactivated at any time.
The developers have revealed that cross-play only includes two game modes, as this reduces the risk of unforeseen problems.
So it looks like the introduction of cross-play to FIFA 22 is a kind of testing ground. The developers will be gathering information in order to improve the system with a view to future installments of the series.