author: Adrian Werner
Marie Curie Will Help Us Battle Monsters in Nightingale
We've learned that Nightingale will feature Maria Curie as an NPC who can be recruited for our party.
The new issue of PC Gamer reveals an article about Nightingale, a game by Inflexion Games, a studio led by Aaryn Flynn - BioWare's long-time general manager. Thanks to this we learned many new things about this project.
- Many historical figures will appear in the game as NPCs, including Marie Curie and the journalist Nellie Bly.
- We will be able to recruit NPCs and place them in the player's residence, as well as take them on adventures.
- These companions are meant to be full-blooded characters, with unique personalities and needs that will need to be taken care of if we want the NPC to stay with us.
- A hope bar will appear in the game (it will be visible on the screen all the time). Successes and good deeds will fill it up, and the misfortunes that befall us will cause it to deplete. The indicator will affect the strength and endurance of the character and will prove crucial when traversing the most dangerous regions.
- The developers also revealed that the closed beta of the game will start this summer.
Nightingale is coming exclusively to PC. The early version of the game is expected to debut on Steam's Early Access at the end of this year. As you may remember, in February this year, Inflexion Games, the studio responsible for the project was bought out by Tencent.
- Nightingale - official website
New screenshots from Nightingale
At the end it is worth mentioning that the creators also released new screenshots from the game.