- Hitman 3 offers free transfer of locations from older installments;
- However, this will be impossible on PC as the title is only available on Epic Games Store. This blocks importing maps from Hitman 2.
Users who buy Hitman 3 will not be able to take advantage of the free map transfer option available in Hitman 2. The culprit in this case is the Epic Games Store, where IO Interactive's game will appear as a temporary exclusive, and the second installment of the new trilogy is not available there.
The Danish studio decided to prepare a workaround for this inconvenience, although it's not an ideal option, because when using it, people who bought Hitman 2 will have to purchase it again on Epic Games Store.
The matter was commented by Tim Sweeney, founder of Epic Games, informing that the company will look into the situation and try to find a solution. However, we don't know how long this will take or whether owners of the Steam version will actually be able to transfer locations from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 on EGS.
The temporary solution to the problem, provided by IO Interactive is as follows:
- Download Hitman 1 GOTY Access Pass, available to all users who buy Hitman 3 on EGS;
- The full version of the first installment will be added to your account after purchasing the new Hitman;
- Shortly after the release of the third installment, Hitman 2 will be available in Epic's store at an 80% discount. If players want to get their hands on locations from that game, they'll have to pay.
This is not an ideal solution and if Epic Games' store management team does not come up with something better, players will get another reason to criticize the Sweeney's company.
- Hitman - official website
- Hitman 3 - game guide