Yesterday we wrote about the leak of a short cut-scene from Hogwarts Legacy. It was part of a larger presentation of the game, prepared by the company AutoDesk for its investors (the so-called Autodesk Vision Series). Now all of this material, which lasts almost an hour has surfaced on the web.
The video is not a traditional gameplay presentation. Instead, it focuses on the technologies used in the development of the game, but you can learn a lot of new things from it about Hogwarts Legacy. This is not an official publication, so it is possible that it will be removed soon. Therefore, those interested in watching it are recommended to hurry.
- The footage shows, among other things, the character creator. There will be 30 predefined looks available for our character, which we will then be able to modify to a large extent to create the look of our dreams.
- The character creator will offer, among other things, 15 face shapes (the video doesn't suggest that we will be able to modify their details, such as nose or mouth), 20 skin colors, 33 hair colors, dozens of hairstyles, 10 options each for freckles, freckles and scars, 25 eye colors, 15 eyebrow shapes and three types of glasses.
Teachers and other NPCs.
- Among the Hogwarts staff members we will meet during the course of our study will be Phineas Nigellus Black (most likely the school's dean), Professor Hecat (defense against black magic), Abraham Ronan (spells), Elzear Fig (most likely transfiguration or ancient relics), Professor Sharp (potions), the ghost of Cuthbert Binns (history of magic), among others. We will also learn herbalism, divination and flying.
- We will encounter at least 50 characters in the game.
- Hogwarts Legacy will feature prefects, i.e., distinguished students serving as the "headmaster of the house" to which they belong.
- The video shows motion-capture sessions. They show that a female Wesley will appear in the game. Most likely, it will be one of the female teachers.
Gameplay and other details
- The game will offer a procedural dialogue system using Speech Graphics technology to generate facial animations during conversations.
- Hogwarts Legacy will feature Quidditch segments, although it is unclear whether players will be able to participate in them or whether this will be limited to scenes with NPCs.
- The video shows that in the game we will be able to test our skills in magic duels organized within the school club.
- There will be no shortage of so-called howlers, or magical letters conveying information in the form of a sender's voice recording.
- In the campaign we will also encounter inferius - human corpses brought to life by a sorcerer using black magic.
Reminder, Hogwarts Legacy is coming to PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. It will be released at the end of this year.
- Hogwarts Legacy - official website