Death Stranding—the latest project from Hideo Kojima, a Japanese gaming industry veteran who created the legendary Metal Gear series and recently established his own development studio, Kojima Productions—will be released for PC after an undisclosed time of PlayStation 4 exclusivity (thanks, GameSpot). With the partnership with Sony in mind, it seems that Xbox One users will not be able to play Death Stranding at all, or at least in the foreseeable future.
Kojima Productions have also posted a series of tweets on its Twitter account, in which they provided information about Death Stranding’s story. The posts do seem pretty vague at times but are definitely worth checking out if you are interested in Death Stranding. Here they are:
- Starting off…
- Hideo on some of the support we've [KojiPro] been getting this far.
- Part 3 of 9. Two and a half months.
- Part 4 of 9. Some of the new concepts for the game.
- Part 5 of 9. On what should and shouldn't be different.
- Part 6 of 9. On Kobo Abe, one of Hideo's favorite authors.
- Part 7 of 9. On sticks and ropes.
- Part 8 of 9, how Kobo Abe's sticks and ropes are keywords.
- Part 9 of 9. When asked about what genre is the game.
Death Stranding is aimed to be “edgy” and go beyond the definitions of an action RPG to set up its own genre. Looking at the trailer, the “edgy” part definitely sounds like the right way to put it. The launch date is unknown but Kojima told the fans not to expect it out anytime soon.