After months of speculation, PlayStation Showcase brought official confirmation of work on the remake of Metal Gear Solid 3. Along with the announcement of Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater a lot of questions arose among fans of the iconic series about the upcoming title. Some of the most pressing issues were addressed by representatives of the publisher, Konami.
- In an interview with the editors of IGN the developers of the remake addressed, among other things, the question of the involvement of the director of the original - Hideo Kojima - in the project. Konami stressed that the Japanese director is not in any way connected with the remake. Given the developer's parting with Konami, this information comes as no surprise.
- As it turns out, however, this is not the only big absentee. The team creating Delta is also missing Yoji Shinkawa, who was responsible for graphics in the Metal Gear metal.
"They are not involved. However, the development team will work hard to create this remake and also the ports (for Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection) so that they can be enjoyed on multiple platforms by even more players all around the world," responded Konami spokesperson.
- However, this does not mean that Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater is not being worked on by people familiar with the series. On the contrary - the Japanese have assured that the first fiddle is played by Konami developers involved in previous installments of the series.. They are working with Virtuos, which also contributed to the Metal Gear brand.
- We also learned why Konami decided exactly to remake the trhid installment. The main reason is that Snake Eater represents the origin of the series.
"We chose Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater because it depicts the birth of BIG BOSS (Naked Snake), which is the starting point of the Metal Gear series. Another reason is that many fans have been requesting a remake of this game for a long time," the developer explained.
- In addition, Konami representative suggested that the company may refresh other titles in the series, as well as create completely new ones. The final decision will depend on the voice of the fans and probably on the reception of the Snake Eater remake.
"Regarding remakes of previous games in the series other than Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, we will listen to player demand and consider accordingly," he said.
- And although the developers already mentioned this shortly after the remake was announced, they once again referred to the delta symbol in the game's title.
"The Delta symbol (?) was chosen because its meaning fits the concept of the remake project. Delta is a character from the Greek alphabet that means ‘change’ or ‘difference’ in mathematics and variables, and also has the meaning of changing an amount without changing the structure," Konami's spokesperson explained.
- Finally, on the occasion of the changes, Konami assured that the company does not intend to make any changes to the plot of the original.
Contrary to recent reports Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater will not be a Sony exclusive. The remake will hit PlayStation 5, as well as the Xbox Series X/S and PC. Unfortunately, as mentioned, Konami has not revealed when we can expect the game's release.