As planned, CoD: MW3 and Warzone saw the launch of Season 1. Details of the content can be found in the original post. Here you will get acquainted with the details of the Battle Pass.
Original news (December 1)
Despite meager ratings Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is selling brilliantly. After the first playthrough of the shooter, all fans are certainly waiting for the next portion of fun, which the developers will serve next week. That's when Season 1 will debut - both in the aforementioned MW3, as well as in Warzone.
CoD: Modern Warfare 3 and Warzone - what will Season 1 bring?
At the outset, let's emphasize that Season 1 will launch in both titles on December 6 at 9:00 a.m. PST. The developers indicate that before that date, expect one more patch with separate changes for MW3 and Warzone, the details of which will be made available earlier.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will receive a number of fresh content in Season 1.
- Four new maps in multiplayer mode: Meat, Rio (available during the season), Greece, Training Facility. On three of them players will be able to play in two teams of six, and on one they will be able to polish their skills in groups of up to four people.
- Two modes on the opening day of the season: Gunfight and All or Nothing, which should be familiar to fans of the series. In the former, players face off in teams of two, while in the latter you have to manage without ammunition - you get it along with subsequent kills.
- Zombie mode gets, among others, a new story mission or Warlord (will appear during the season). There will also be more challenges and rewards.
On the other hand Warzone will receive, among other things:
- a brand new map - Urzikstan. You can see it in the released trailer for Season 1 (you will find it below);
- two returning maps: Vondel and Ashika Island. There will also be a new "Champions Quest."
The first season will also bring a festive game with Santa Claus. It will see the launch of Santa's Slayground event; selected characters from such blockbusters as Dune 2 (the movie premieres next year) or The Boys.
This, of course, is not all that CoD fans can count on. You can find the full list of upcoming content directly on the game's website.
The developers have finally spoken out about SBMM
Recall that the online Modern Warfare 3 matches players based on skill. This is known as skill-based matchmaking (SBMM). Because of this, some people cannot, for example, play with friends because their "level" is too divergent. For this reason, the developer of the multiplayer Halo stated, that this is a form of discrimination.
Interestingly, while answering questions during the recent AMA session, Sledgehammer Games, the studio responsible for the latest installment of Call of Duty, deliberately omitted the question about SBMM, often asked by gamers.
However, after a long time, the developers finally decided to release a statement on the issue. In it, they wrote that they will work to clarify this controversy with the community in the weeks following the release of Season 1..
"Talking about this issue [SBMM - ed.] in detail can be difficult. We have not yet prepared all the information for you about the operation of this system, which we have spent many years working on. We intend to do so in the coming weeks after the release of Season 1," we can read in the statement.
- Official Call of Duty - official website