Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will debut in two days. As it turns out, the game will challenge pirates and bootlegger - all because of the highly-effective Denuvo security.
Denuvo sows fear again
Clues that almost unequivocally point to the presence of Denuvo in the game, were found by users digging through leaked data. The result turned out to be interesting.
- The .exe executable file of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor weighs in at more than 300 MB, which is a trademark for Denuvo.
- According to users, who have used HEX editors, this protection is indeed implemented in the executable.
What is Denuvo? In the simplest terms, it is a security feature to prevent illegal distribution of the game. The technology has been around since 2014 and is known for its effectiveness.
Unfortunately, Denuvo is a double-edged sword - for in many games that use this DRM, players complain of significant performance drops or general increase of load on the computer.
The problem does not occur in all cases - for example. Dead Island 2, which uses Denuvo, has no such problems and still (after a few days after its release) has not been cracked. Therefore there is a chance that Denuvo will not adversely affect the performance of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.
Expanded accessibility options
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, just like Fallen Order, will offer players a challenging combat model. Therefore, the studio has made every effort to make the game friendly for everyone - the title will have rich accessibility options.
- The game will offer five difficulty levels.
- Gameplay modifiers will include aim-assist, adjusting the speed of button mashing or help with navigation.
- The most interesting option is slow mode, which will enable you to slow down time in combat and platforming sections.
You can read more about the accessibility options here (the game's official website).
The full list of trophies that will be available in the game on Sony consoles (42 bronze, 7 silver, 2 gold and platinum) has leaked online. You can read the full list of achievements here.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will debut on April 28 on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series S/X.