author: Adrian Werner
Darkness, Ray Tracing and Other Details About Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Stig Asmussen from Respawn Entertainment has revealed some new details about Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.
The day before yesterday Electronic Arts and Respawn Entertainment officially announced Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, a sequel to the popular Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. At the time, however, the creators were vague about any details. Now the official website of the brand Star Wars has published an interview with the director of both parts of the series, Stig Asmussen, which included some additional information about the sequel.
- The atmosphere of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will be darker and more mysterious than in the first part. The game will present a bleak era in the history of a galaxy far far away, and Cal Kestis and his companions will be constantly fighting for survival, which will force them to cooperate with characters of questionable reputation.
- The game will make use of ray tracing. It not only makes the game prettier, but also greatly facilitates level design.
- The developers promise a more cinematic presentation.
- Load times will be severely limited, so that in most cases the player will not even notice them while exploring the game world.
- Authors had to give up many ideas while creating Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, such as more complex combat mechanics. Many of them will be used in the sequel.
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is coming to PC, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5. The premiere is scheduled for next year.
It's worth mentioning that it's not the only upcoming game from Respawn Entertainment, which is set in the Star Wars universe. The team is also working on a first-person shooter from this franchise. The group creating this project is managed by Peter Hirschmann, the co-creator of the Medal of Honor series.
The studio is also cooperating on a Star Wars strategy game with Bit Reactor, a studio founded by Firaxis Games veterans.
- Star Wars - official website
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – EA (Finally) Strikes Back
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - game guide
While waiting for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor it's worth going back to the first part, especially with some mods. Most of them only change the model of the main character, enabling us to direct eg. Merrin or Darth Vader. However, there were also several interesting projects changing the gameplay, among which the most noteworthy are:
- Enemy Cloner - multiplies the number of enemies appearing in each location.
- Infinite Arena Points - removes point restrictions in arena mode, enabling you to face any number of enemies.
- Enemy Randomizer - enables you to swap enemies in the campaign. We can freely swap them for others or opt for random selection.
The most noteworthy of them are projects that enable us to make quick saves and projects introducing a fast travel system.