If you want to return to The Witcher 3 you now have a good reason to do so. The Witcher Alterverse, a mod that adds new tasks, locations, enemies and even gameplay mechanics to CD Projekt Red's game, has just been released .
- The Witcher Alterverse - download page (author gave us permission to host a mirror)
Three new quests
The biggest novelty offered by The Witcher Alterverse are three new missions:
- Wild Orchard,
- Cursed Vyzima,
- The Devil's Pit.
Completing each of these quests should take between 15 and 20 minutes, totalling at about an hour of additional fun. If you are interested in how the new missions look like, you can check them out in the gameplay footage below. Beware of spoilers, though.
Modification introduces a new mechanic - Teleport Bolt. It allows for short-distance teleportation to selected locations. Thanks to this we will be able to reach previously inaccessible locations. However, using this option is possible only under two conditions:
- You can't be in battle mode;
- a special potion must be consumed beforehand.
The Witcher Alterverse introduces a number of other attractions.
- Adds new location. The creator has also "unlocked" locations from the base game, which are not available for exploration. They offer enemies that do not appear normally in The Witcher 3.
- When we are knocked down by guards, we lose consciousness. Then we wake up without clothes and bald in a random place.
If you are interested in downloading the modification, you can do it by clicking here. Please note that The Witcher Alterverse requires the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine DLCs as well as the Shades of Iron mod to work properly.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - game guide