author: Adrian Werner
'Boy, This Game is Godly'- Warhammer 40K: Boltgun With 96% Positive Reviews on Steam
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun has launched on Steam with a bang. Players are swooing over this brutal shooter.
Last night saw the launch of the brutal retro-shooter Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun. We expected the title to be noteworthy, but even we were surprised by how warmly the game was received.
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun has delighted Steam users
Gamers on Steam have prepared an exceptionally enthusiastic welcome to Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun.
- The game already has 1.2 thousand reviews, of which as many as 96% praise the title, categorized as an "overwhelmingly positive" reception.
- Players appreciated the great gameplay and atmosphere. They also like the high level of refinement and the low price.
- Below we cite some sample player reviews:
"Boy, this game is godly. How come we're in a situation where it's a surprise that a new game comes out in 2023 that you don't have to pay full price for, that just works, brings unbridled fun and enjoyment, as it should. Why can't the big publishers get it right?"
"What a ride :D. The game is great. Dynamic, fluid, addictive and to top it off with stylish audiovisuals. You can feel the atmosphere of old FPS and at the same time a breath of freshness. You feel that we are playing as an Ultramarine and not some nerd with a gun. (...) If you're thinking about buying it, seriously - for this kind of money there's no need to think twice. Oh, and it's also worth noting that the game WORKS perfectly. Nowadays, when games come out in beta, this is unique and commendable. I highly recommend it."
"This is the best 40K game I've played since Dawn of War 2. Congratulations to Auroch Digital for creating a great game!"
- The game is also achieving great activity results. The release day record was 7561 players on Steam. This is an impressive result for a fairly niche game all in all.
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun - basic info
It is worth citing some basic information about this project.
- Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun was released yesterday on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X and PlayStaton 5.
- You can buy the PC edition on Steam, 10% off to celebrate the release.
- The game is also available in PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, and for Nintendo Switch for $21.
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun belongs to the category referred to as boomer shooters. Thus, it is a first-person shooter, which, both in terms of gameplay structure and setting, refers to PC games from the 1990s. Looking at the reactions of players, combining this category with the universe of WH40K turned out to be a bullseye.