Minecraft achieved incredible success. A certain part of its community is (to put it mildly) not liked very much, but that's not necessarily the fault of the game itself don't get discouraged by a bunch of naughty players because you might miss a fantastic experience. The game by Mojang was already praised twice in two sentences, but it is a game like no other, and certainly no other production offers such a large selection of modifications. This is mainly due to the graphical simplicity the modders don't need to worry about creating good-looking textures or models, and are thus able to focus on polishing the mechanics.
It's nearly impossible to wrap your head around all of the mods there are thousands of them, and they cover all sorts of aspects of the game. You can try to divide them into several categories technical and gameplay overhauls, adventures, and additional items and creatures. There's a myriad of all these, but some of them stand out with innovative ideas, and give the game a second life.
This article is a collection of 28 of the best modifications for Minecraft starting from maps, and ending on huge undertakings that completely change the gameplay. We've certainly missed out on some great mods (their sheer amount makes it impossible to mention every single good one), so be sure to write in the comments about your favorite add-ons.
HOW TO INSTALL MODS IN MINECRAFT?
1. Download and install the program Minecraft Forge (it has an installer).
2. Now find the root folder of Minecraft it will be something like C:/username/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft. The easiest way of locating it will be using the windows search to find %appdata%, and then go to .minecraft folder.
3. Here, you'll find the mods folder (if it doesn't exist, you can create it yourself). Once you download a mod, put the .jar or .zip file in here.
4. The mod should work now.
Keep in mind that mods don't always work together, so it doesn't make much sense to install more than one at a time. If you want to install a few, you should try to engage them one by one, at each time checking if the game's running properly.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Not Enough Items recipes in one place + Minecraft Comes Alive
- JourneyMap never lost again + The Lost Cities post-apo world
- IndustrialCraft building your own nuclear power plant + Immersive Engineering business for the engineer
- BuildCraft automatize your surroundings + RailCraft new trainz!
- ComputerCraft learn programming + EyeMod a square iPhone
- GalactiCraft a journey to the moon + Carpenter's Block cut and connect
- Dungeon Pack Mod in search of adventure + ViesCraft
- Aether 2 a divine land with flying pigs + Smart Moving Mod jump, swim: full service!
- Twilight Forest forests, castles, Minotaurs + Biomes O'Plenty Alps, bamboo forests, and other wonders
- MystCraft create your own world + Overlord Mod a private army
- HarvestCraft some gourmet + JurassiCraft it's a dinosaur!
- DecoCraft become an interior decorator + Animal Bikes on the back of a pony
- ThaumCraft add a little magic to the game + Bacteria Mod personal deadly bacterium
- Mo'creatures is this an Ent?
- Millιnaire high culture