developer: Funatics Development
publisher: JoWooD Entertainment AG
Game mode: single / multiplayer
Multiplayer mode: local network / Internet
game language: English
game release date for PC:
The Vikings, well known from the predecessor Cultures - Discovery of Vinland, now spread across Europe and the Middle East. It's around the end of the first millennium. Cultures 2 starts with Bjarni, the leading character of Cultures 1, experiencing a sinister vision of Ragnarök, the apocalyptic battle of Nordic mythology.
In his vision Bjarni sees himself fighting side by side together with three unknown heroes whom he has never seen before. They fight against the terrible Midgard snake to prevent the end of the world.
Seeking to find out what is behind this vision and what fate has in store for him, the player takes Bjarni across ancient Europe. On his way, he will encounter the realms of the brave Franconians, the technologically advanced Byzantines and the mystic Saracens.
In each nation the players finds one of the heroes that must join his party. When the party is complete and the player has collected all the pieces of the key to the gates of Valhalla, the player is ready for the ultimate battle - Ragnarök.
- God Sim game with strong adventure elements, thrilling story with unique characters
- 11 Missions with several subquests; flexible game design allowing non-linear play
- 4 heroes join forces to fight the final battle; each of them with a distinctive character and look
- New lands to discover with plenty of new models, textures, peoples and creatures
- Over 30 different occupational groups, updated job and skills systems
- Menus with different detail levels to fit each gamer's needs and preferences
- Highly detailed 3D environment with varied landscapes and rich details (4-20x bigger than Cultures)
- Extensive tutorial mode with step by step introduction to the game and its features
- Improved AI (for the villagers as well as for other tribes)
Game score 7.27 / 10 calculated out of 1006 players' votes.
age requirements: everyone
PC / Windows
- Pentium II 450 MHz
- 128MB RAM
- graphic card 8 MB