author: Ewa Ichniowska
Alrond in Octopath Traveler 2 - How to get EXP and JP Easily
Alrond is an NPC who can give you a huge boost to EXP and JP gain in Octopath Traveler 2. In this guide, you will learn where to find and how to recruit him.
Path Actions in Octopath Traveller 2 allow the player to gain assistance from NPC characters in various ways. Often, using Path Actions is necessary to complete quests, but some NPCs with powerful Skills can only be recruited after fulfilling certain conditions. One of them is Alrond, a NPC who can be used for effective farming.
- Who is Alrond in Octopath Traveller 2
- How to recruit Alrond
- Misha’s Next Chapter side quest guide
- Alrond farming guide
Who is Alrond in Octopath Traveller 2
Alrond is an NPC located in Wellgrove, in Alrond’s Estate, and the employer of Butler Misha. The noble has a skill called Treasure Smell, which can boost EXP and JP gain up to 100 times. However, he can only be recruited thrice.
How to recruit Alrond
The player can either Guide or Hire the NPC to accompany them. However, in order to Guide Alrond, Temenos must be level 80 or above. Alternatively, he can be Hired by Partitio for a large amount of leaves (around 160-200 thousand), Befriended by Ochette by giving him 3 Octopath Bowls, rare drops from Octopuffs that can also be obtained from some NPCs, or charmed with Allure by Agnea at 2% success chance at level 80. As the alternatives are costly and time-consuming, Guiding with Temenos is recommended.
In order to use either method, you must first complete the Misha’s Next Chapter side quest.
Misha’s Next Chapter side quest guide
- Make sure you’ve completed Chapter 4 of Partitio’s story,
- Enter Alrond’s Estate,
- Talk to Misha in a room on the right on the ground floor,
- At night, Bribe the Strolling Townperson next to a stall to get information about the Man in a Brown Coat,
- Switch to daytime,
- Scrutinize the Eager Townperson to get information about the Garbage Collector,
- Return to Misha and share your findings,
- Wait with Misha for Alrond’s return,
- Listen to Alrond’s and Misha’s talk.
For completing the side quest, you will receive 15 000 Leaves and a Butler’s Tailcoat. You will also gain the ability to use Path Actions on Alrond.
Alrond farming guide
Using the right set up and farming in the right area, you can maximize the EXP and JP gain from Alrond’s skill. Here are some tips and tricks:
- You can only have Alrond accompany you three times, and his EXP boost is random: either 2x, 10x, or 100x, so you should save beforehand and soft-reset if you don’t get the 100x boost,
- Equip one of your characters with the Support Skills: Extra Experience, Hard Worker, Life in the Shadows, and More Rare Monsters,
- Give the rest of your characters the Merchant class Support Skill Grows on Trees,
- Equip as many Cait Powders and Octopuff Pots as possible,
- Give your character the JP and EXP Augumentors.
- Choose a location with high level monsters, such as south of Nameless Village, which is also close to an inn.
Check out our other guides for Octopath Traveller 2:
- Where to Get Cait Powder in Octopath Traveller 2
- How to Defeat Behemoth in Octopath Traveller 2
- Gmorf Guest in Octopath Traveler 2