Upon reaching the Nameless Village in the Toto’haha region, Octopath Traveler 2 players will encounter a Beastling who does not speak human language. The NPC is a key to an optional side-quest that may be confusing to players. In this guide, you will find out what to do to complete the objective.
Ghormf! Side-quest – how to start
In order to begin the quest:
- Make sure you’ve cleared Chapter 1 of the main character’s story,
- Go to the Nameless Village (marked in yellow on the map below) in the Toto’haha region,
- Find the Beastling on the east side of the village, next to the suspended bridge,
- Talk to them.
The Beastling will utter incomprehensible lines: "His bi yiu foy "ghormf"? E zufg mris!" Players may think that they need to decipher the message to complete the quest, but that is not necessary.
Ghormf! – Solution
- Go to the northwest exit of Beastling Village,
- Locate a Beastling who also speaks the ancient beast language,
- Bring the NPC along with you to the Nameless Village,
- Have the two Beastlings talk to each other.
As a reward for completing the side-quest, the player will receive 10000 Leaves and a Stupefying Stone Axe.
There are many side-quests hidden in the world of Octopath Traveler 2. Check out our other guides that will help you complete quests with unclear objectives or hard to find items:
- Octopath Traveler 2 – The Fish Filcher Guide
- Octopath Traveler 2 – For Whom the Clock Tower Tolls Guide
- How to Find Masoud’s Treasure in Octopath Traveler 2
How to bring an NPC with you
Leading a specific NPC to a location is necessary to complete the side-quest. This can be accomplished using several Path Actions of different characters.
The characters and Actions you can use are:
- Agnea – Allure
Agnea can charm an NPC into following her, but the Action has a chance to fail. You can see the probability of success while interacting with an NPC. Only usable during the day.
- Partitio – Hire
Partitio can use money in order to Hire an NPC to come along. Only usable at night.
- Temenos – Guide
If he has a high enough level, Temenos can Guide NPCs around at no cost . Only usable during the day.
- Ochette – Befriend
Ochette can give NPCs items to befriend them and have them join her. Only usable at night.