The beta version of patch 1.44 is now available also for American Truck Simulator. It presents roughly the same new features. The only change is that instead of a refreshed look of Austria, we will see a visual rework of California. Access is also the same as in ETS2.
As you know, SCS Software is constantly working on the development of Euro Truck Simulator 2. Today the devs announced that update 1.44 , which introduces, among other things, a refreshed look for Austria and the marking of hidden roads in GPS, has entered the open beta testing phase.
What will patch 1.44 introduce?
The list of changes that update 1.44 will bring is long. The most important of them include:
- Graphic refresh of entire Austria.. All cities, roads and landscapes have been completely redesigned to reflect reality as closely as possible;
- Marking for hidden roads on the map. After locating such a route and driving onto it, we will hear a voice message, and it will be plotted on the GPS in the form of a dotted line. This will make it easier to locate the section again.
- Reimbursement for mod removal. If a player used third-party content that affected their virtual funds, there was a problem with disappearing cash after the content was removed. The new system will eliminate this inconvenience. The whole thing is based on the fact that the missing item will be replaced by a default one, and the player will receive a notification about the refund for the removed part.
- Changes in the logos of some in-game companies.
The full list of new features can be found here.
How to access patch 1.44?
In order to gain access to patch 1.44's testing, you will need to find ETS2 in your Steam Library, right-click on it, open the "Properties" panel, and then, under "Beta," select "Public Beta 1.44" from the drop-down list. Keep in mind, however, that this is not the final version of the patch, so it may contain bugs.
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 - official website