author: Adam Adamczyk
Cosmoteer: Tips and Tricks for Beginners
Cosmoteer: Starship Architect & Commander offers the player a variety of mechanics. In this guide you will learn some useful tips to get started.
Cosmoteer: Starship Commander & Architect is a game that has taken the hearts of many players by storm. In the game we deal with, among other things, operating a spaceship, improving it and fighting enemies. In this guide, we will present you with a handful of useful tips for getting started..
Cosmoteer - tips
- Not every ship needs to be loaded with weapons. Install them based on its main purpose. For this reason, a merchant ship does not need to have weapons.
- It is advisable to choose laser-armed ships because they consume fewer resources and require less crew and space management.
- Compartments slow down crew movements. Build corridors if possible.
- Larger reactors require less crew to operate them because they are more efficient.
- You can steal some ships. If a destroyed or abandoned ship has an airlock, you can move your crew to it to take over after defeating it.
At the beginning of the game you have to choose a ship. You can then decide on one of three models bearing the letters C, L and S.
- The C model is equipped with cannons, which are useful for piercing armor and work well at close range.
- The L model is focused on lasers, which is more accurate, but use reactor power.
- The S model is shield-based and offers accurate lasers along with a shield generator that produces a 90-degree arc that can't be penetrated until the device is destroyed.
Rooms and structures
- Any room that requires energy is visible if it is active. If you notice a red lightning symbol, it means that energy is scarce. A green lightning bolt indicates a sufficient supply.
- The most important parts of the ship are the reactors and cockpits. If all the cockpits are destroyed, the ship will be classified as junk.
- Another important structure is the reactor, because without it you can't power any systems. Without it, all engines and the cockpit will also stop working, so the reactor should be one of the first structures you create.
- If you can't rebuild the cockpit and if it was your last ship, the game will be over. It is therefore worthwhile to have at least one extra ship in reserve.
- In the upper right corner of the screen you will find information about the amount of money you have and your reputation.
- You can increase your reputation level by destroying other ships or completing missions.
- The number of crew you can hire depends on your reputation level.
Other tutorials on Cosmoteer you will find below.
- Cosmoteer - railgun and other weapons
- Cosmoteer Cheats and Mods