author: Adrian Werner
Dead Space Remake Gone Gold
Dead Space remake has gone gold. The developers also announced an unusual system that will modify the game to scare us even harder.
Dead Space remake promises to be the most important release of January. Readers waiting for this horror game should be interested in the news that the game has gone gold. This means that the work has been completed and we should not likely fear any delays (casus of Cyberpunk 2077 was a rare exception from this rule).
Recall that the refreshed Dead Space will be released on January 27, 2023. The game is headed for PC, Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
How Dead Space will scare us
The wait for the game's release will be made more pleasant by a new article published on the official website, which describes the methods by which the devs want to scare players.
- Compared to the original, the novelty will be the so-called "Intensity Director". The name hides a system that is supposed to control many elements of the game, so as to dynamically provide us with high tension during gameplay.
- To this end, the system will modify, among other things, the spawning of enemies, the pace of the action, changes in lighting and sound, or the presence of fog and steam.
- The Intensity Director is expected to be able to offer a total of more than 1,200 unique events, leading to experiences tailored to the needs of the individual player.
- The system is supposed to be smart enough to be able to gradate tension. It is supposed to know when to turn up the horror, and when to give us a moment to catch our breath, after which the next moment of horror will terrify us even more. This is important, because keeping the intensity at maximum level all the time would quickly tire players out and reduce the effectiveness.
All this resembles in concept an upgraded virtual director from the Left 4 Dead series and represents an interesting idea for the evolution of the horror game genre.
- Dead Space Remake - official website