Today's report about the postponement of the release of Dead Space has been officially confirmed via the game's official Twitter account. EA Motive has announced the new release window for the title - it is to debut in early 2023.
Audio deep dive stream
A broadcast with the creators took place today, focused on the refreshed soundtrack. Thanks to the stream we could delve into the audio layer of the game and watch a short gameplay and immerse ourselves in the atmosphere of its world.
The broadcast discussed:
- The A.L.I.V.E system, which is designed to simulate the human limbic system,
- Sound Occlusion, which is designed to provide a realistic acoustic experience,
- Weapon sound effects and their comparison with the original.
At the end we received an official information about the game's release being delayed to the beginning of 2023. Dead Space remake is said to have really pleased Electronic Arts, so the company decided to give the devs more time so that the game is polished and matches the quality of the refreshed version of Resident Evil 2.
Dead Space is coming to PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.. We can expect more information during the developers' next broadcast, which is due in early May.
- Dead Space remake - official website
- Dead Space remake - official YouTube channel